Thanks for stopping by. I created this blog to inspire you to start cooking and show that it is possible to cook a healthy and delicious meal (almost) every day of the week.

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -Julia Child

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Spaghetti with Vodka Sauce

Dinner 10.9.2012: Spaghetti with Vodka Sauce
Spaghetti with Vodka Sauce
I only have about one cup of marinara left, but with the vodka and heavy cream it makes enough sauce for two servings. And may I add that this sauce is delicious!

Spaghetti with Vodka Sauce
  • Gently simmer marinara and vodka until it starts to thicken ~15-20 minutes.
  • 1 cup plain marinara sauce + 1/4 cup water - 
  • 1/2 cup vodka
  • Adjust seasoning with salt and sugar
  • kosher salt
  • sugar
  • Add as little or as much cream as you like, but ideally it should have a nice and light color
  • ~1/4 cup heavy cream
  • Toss with al-dente pasta and garnish with grated parmesan cheese
  • grated parmesan

No comments: