Thanks for stopping by. I created this blog to inspire you to start cooking and show that it is possible to cook a healthy and delicious meal (almost) every day of the week.

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -Julia Child

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roasted Summer Vegetable Rice Pilaf with Tilapia

Dinner 6.18.2012: Roasted Summer Vegetable Rice Pilaf with Tilapia
Roasted Summer Vegetable Rice Pilaf 
I like rice occasionally and I nearly don't make it frequently enough, but what I have learned over the years is that if you buy a 'medley' of grains NEVER trust the cooking time printed on the packaged. It seems like I always have to double the time. From now on I'll stick to plain white or brown rice where I know it will be done in ~25 mins!

Roasted Summer Vegetable Rice Pilaf (olive oil, vegetables washed, peeled and cut into similar sizes, kosher salt) - I start the vegetables in a nonstick pan and when they are starting to brown  toss them and finish roasting them @375F until tender. Let cool, chop into small dice and toss with cooked rice/grains of your choice. Season to taste with kosher salt and a little pepper.

Tilapia (butter, tilapia, kosher salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon)
Pan-roasted Vegetables finished @ 375F until tender.

No comments: