Thanks for stopping by. I created this blog to inspire you to start cooking and show that it is possible to cook a healthy and delicious meal (almost) every day of the week.

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -Julia Child

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dutch Baby

Breakfast 2.26.2012: Dutch Baby
Add caption
This was my first Dutch Baby and I hate to admit it, but it was more like a big Dutch failure. I knew from the get-go that I had the wrong pan so I expected the outcome not to be perfect. It was still edible, but lets say I will not be posting a recipe until I get it right - next weekend! All I can tell you so far is to not attempt a Dutch Baby in a nonstick pan! You need a lot of bottom heat - much like making popovers - to make the trapped air expand rapidly so the batter can rise and puff up.

No comments: