Thanks for stopping by. I created this blog to inspire you to start cooking and show that it is possible to cook a healthy and delicious meal (almost) every day of the week.

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -Julia Child

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thai Sauce with Greens Beans and Chicken over Brown Rice

Dinner 2/04/2012: Thai Sauce with Greens Beans and Chicken over Brown Rice
Thai Sauce with Greens Beans and Chicken over Brown Rice
I have to admit I cheated on this dish by using Trader Joe's Thai Red Sauce. It is very good, however it is quite salty so I recommend not using any salt when sauteing the vegetables, and using VERY little on the chicken and when cooking the rice.

Chicken (olive oil, bite size chicken, little kosher salt, pepper) - saute chicken, remove, reuse pan for sauce

Thai Sauce with Greens Beans (use 'chicken' pan, olive oil, sliced mushrooms, thinly sliced red onion, low-sodium stock, Thai Red Sauce, little coconut milk, minced ginger, minced garlic, blanched green beens, add cooked chicken pieces to heat through, basil) - garnish with sliced almonds and green onion

Brown Rice (cook as per box instructions)

No comments: