Thanks for stopping by. I created this blog to inspire you to start cooking and show that it is possible to cook a healthy and delicious meal (almost) every day of the week.

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -Julia Child

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Linguine with Asiago-Fennel Chicken Sausage, Fennel, and Portobello Mushroom

Dinner 4.03.2012: Linguine with Asiago-Fennel Chicken Sausage, Fennel, and Portobello Mushroom
Asiago-Fennel Chicken Sausage, Fennel, and Portobello Mushroom
Linguine with Asiago-Fennel Chicken Sausage, Fennel, and Portobello Mushroom
For some reason the chicken sausage I used (Sagg's) really stuck to my stainless saute pan (and I do know how to use one properly ;). So, next time I will use a non-stick pan to avoid having to spend 23 minutes scrubbing.
  • Brown sausage pieces; remove and set aside.
  • olive oil
  • chicken sausage, cut into bite-size pieces (I used Sagg's Fennel and Asiago Chicken Sausage)
  • Saute fennel and mushrooms with a little salt and pepper. Add fennel seeds.
  • 1 fennel bulb, cleaned and thinly sliced
  • 1 portobello mushroom, sliced into bite-size pieces
  • kosher salt
  • pepper
  • crushed fennel seeds
  • Return cooked sausage and add cream. Gently simmer until thickened. Add a little starchy pasta water if needed.
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • ~ 1 cup chicken stock or starchy pasta water, as needed
  • Turn off heat. Add a little grated parmesan. Add spinach and gently stir.
  • grated parmesan
  • 2 cups, fresh spinach leafs, coarsely chopped
  • Toss with al-dente linguine. Garnish with grated parmesan and fennel fronds.
  • grated parmesan
  • fennel fronds, chopped

No comments: